I created this dish when I needed to use up some black olives and jalapenos. With its abundance of vegetables, two of these large omelets can feed four people if served with side dishes.—Jennine Victory, Bee Branch, Arkansas.
Featured In: 40+ Satisfying Low-Carb Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers or chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt until blended.
- Place a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, spoon cheese, peppers, olives and cilantro on one side. Fold omelet in half. Cut in half; slide onto two plates. Top with avocado. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Time Omelet in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p76