- 1 bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- In a large salad bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, tomatoes, onion and eggs; set aside. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; mix until smooth. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Broccoli Salad
"This was quite tasty. Much better freshly made than next day. The broccoli needs to be cut into smaller pieces than simply separated into florets. Because I don't care for too sweet of a dressing, I would lower the sugar amount to 1/4 cup. No need to seed the tomato, just use Roma tomatoes."
"This is one of the best salads! Great recipe."
"I love this recipe. I omit the cauliflower & just use broccoli. I also add raisins & shredded cheddar cheese. Tastes better than the deli!"
"I make this for many family parties and special dinners. It gets so many compliments and recipe requests. My aunt, who hates broccoli, raved about it when she tried it at my house and asked for the recipe."