- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Baked Spaghetti
"Good, but agree with many...it absolutely needs more sauce. Go with 2 jars. And, add some more Italian seasoning to punch up...unless you are serving to toddlers."
"Very good recipe, this is my second time using it. If u don't care for the cottage cheese you can replace it with ricotta very easily or leave it out all together."
"We loved this dish. The Grandsons prefer spaghetti with less sauce so it was perfect. It was more time-consuming (and more dirty dishes) than your basic spaghetti but we all really enjoyed it. I'll make it again."
"I love this recipe and have made it several times. HOWEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is going on with TOH's website? A Taste of Home puts out my favorite cookbooks and recipes but every time I try to get a recipe from this site, the ads snap the screen back to the top of the page every 20seconds or so. It's infuriating and it happens on no other site!"
"Bland, dry & needs an overhaul. I wouldn't even consider using cottage cheese in any baked pasta dish. Yuck!"
"I love baked spaghetti. This recipe turns out nicely everytime. I wouldn't change a thing!!"
"My family loved this recipe. quick and simple to prepare. I followed the recipe exactly as it is written. It was the perfect amount of sauce for my family. Definitely will make again."
"I doubled the sauce in this recipe and it still wasn't enough. Very bland."
"This recipe is much better with another half jar of sauce, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Otherwise it is dry and bland."