- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Baked Spaghetti
"I've tried quite a few Baked Spaghetti recipes but this is the best one for sure. I did use two jars of sauce: one tomato and basil and the other vodka sauce. I also added some fresh basil to the meat sauce and I used 2 teaspoons of seasoned salt. It was delicious served with a sweet salad and garlic bread. The bonus is having leftovers. Glad I finally found my go to Baked Spaghetti."
"Very, Very Good!!I used 16ounces of Italian sausage and 1/4 lb of ground chuck. Used all mozzarella. And by mistake in this crazy house forgot to put the second layer of cottage cheese in."
"This is the ultimate in comfort foods! I made it exactly as written and it was wonderful. I will definitely make it again."
"I had my doubts when I decided to make this recipe...it was delicious, my picky husband even loved it, I will keep this recipe handy"
"Loved it, I make it all the time"
"My whole family loves this recipe. It is even better if made a day ahead . I also add more sauce and more Italian seasoning, as others have suggested. A favourite for potlucks or guests coming."
"This was absolutely wonderful. I did add more sauce and more seasoning. It was not dry at all. This rates as one of my favorites."
"Good, but agree with many...it absolutely needs more sauce. Go with 2 jars. And, add some more Italian seasoning to punch up...unless you are serving to toddlers."
"Very good recipe, this is my second time using it. If u don't care for the cottage cheese you can replace it with ricotta very easily or leave it out all together."