- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dill weed, divided
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 round unsliced loaf (1 pound) sourdough or rye bread
- Assorted vegetables and crackers
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, corned beef, onion, parsley, 1 tablespoon dill and seasoned salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Trace the large shamrock pattern onto a piece of waxed paper; cut out. Place on loaf. Carefully cut out and removed shamrock; set aside. Hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut removed bread and cutout shamrock into cubes. Fill shell with dip; sprinkle with remaining dill. Serve with bread cubes, vegetables and crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forEmerald Isle Dip
"I started making this a few years ago for St. Patricks day, I come from a large Irish family and it was a huge hit. My Fianc? loves it. I think it's his favorite thing that I make. He randomly will come home from the store with the ingredients just so I will make more."
"I made this dip for St Patty's Day this year and the family enjoyed it! I would use less of the spices because it seemed to "grainy" with every bite and I would add more meat!"
"Best dip ever"