Elvis Banana Bread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes3 mini loaves (6 slices each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk bananas, eggs, peanut butter, applesauce, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to three 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaves and freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each loaf on high for 60-75 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 227 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 4, 2017
Since I was married by Elvis (or one of his best impersonators!), I could not resist trying this bread. And it did not disappoint! I love the combo of peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate - yum! The only thing I thought it needed was a little "crunch". I added that myself by substituting crunchy peanut butter for the creamy and stirring in 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts along with the chocolate chips.
Feb 3, 2016
Beetlybug check the freshness of your leaveners, that can certainly play a role in how your quickbreads rise.
Feb 2, 2016
Horrible, we had to throw it out, it did not rise at all and had the consistency of a brick.
Apr 6, 2015
Made the recipe as is except with some crumbled crispy bacon over the top before baking. Delicious!