- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato spread
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 fresh dill sprigs
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add spinach, salt and nutmeg; heat though. For dill sauce, in a small saucepan, combine spreadable cheese, cream cheese, wine and dill. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until well blended.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large saucepan or skillet with high sides; add vinegar. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding the bowl close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- Spread each muffin half with 4 teaspoons tomato spread. Top with 1/4 cup spinach mixture, a poached egg and 1/4 cup sauce. Top with pimientos and dill sprigs. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forEggs Benedict with Dill Sauce
"This recipe was really good. I couldn't find the herb cheese spread so i used garden herb cream cheese instead. it made the sauce really thick so next time if I use that I'll use less."