- 6 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, celery and parsley to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat eggs. Beat in flour and enough milk to form a mixture the consistency of cake batter. Drop by teaspoonfuls into boiling broth. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until dumplings are light and not gummy. Season with pepper.
1 cup: 101 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1041mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.