Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 14 pieces string cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Spread half of the meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Drain manicotti; stuff each shell with a piece of string cheese. Place over meat sauce; top with remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 468 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 999mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Nov 4, 2015
I've made this several times, and it is always fast and wonderful!
Mar 7, 2011
Delicious and easy recipe! Ate 1/2 for my husband and I and froze the other half. Thanks for sharing!
Nov 29, 2010
I made this a couple of years ago and forgot about it. Last week my significant other asked for it. It is easy to make and my 2 picky eaters approved.
Aug 27, 2010
Very good and very easy, though I think next time I'll put two sticks of string cheese in each manicotti.
Jan 24, 2008
i use 1/2 box of walmart great valu rigatoni , 10 string cheese, add some cottage cheese just like lasagna. 2 batches of meat sauce makes a really big batch tastes just like lasagna but do not really have to layer like lasagna
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.