- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spoon pizza sauce to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni and cheese. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forEasy Stromboli
"Delicious! I left out the sauce and served it with heated sauce in the side to dip. My kids enjoyed it. We will make this again soon!"
"Delicious. My family loved it. Will make again."
"This recipe was great! I was only making this for me and my brother so i halved the recipe and stuffed the stromboli with different things. I rolled out the dough and put a little mustard,cheese, cut up hot dogs, a little salami, and more cheese. He loved it! Using this super easy dough recipe, you can stuff it with anything you want! Definitely something I would make in the future. I wanna try the filling part of this recipe too soon."