VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb; brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Place 1 cup broth in a blender. Squeeze softened garlic into blender; cover and process until blended. Drain potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the butter, pepper, salt, garlic mixture and remaining broth; beat until smooth. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes in Country October/November 2008, p49
Reviews forEasy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2012
"too watery - wasn't visually appealing"
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2010
"Excellent texture and very tasty. I made with 5lbs of potatoes, halved the broth and left the other ingredients the same. Delicious!"