Easy Pepper Steak
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/4-inch x 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- Cooked rice
- Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown beef. Add broth and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add green peppers and onion. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and water; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Gently stir in tomatoes and heat through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 317 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Apr 28, 2018
Very good it worth 5 star
Apr 5, 2018
This recipe was SO easy. Simple ingredients. Short grocery list. My husband is a picky eater, but he really enjoyed the pepper steak, as well as our 14-year grandson. I followed the recipe, no add-ins. THANK U.
Feb 27, 2018
Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe. My entire family enjoyed. I added a bit more soy sauce to the pot- my only change.
Jan 31, 2018
My kids are crazy about pepper steak. So this was a fantastic recipe. We made it tonight and it was delicious. However, I must say I added and replaced some of the ingredients. I replaced the broth with a beef bullion I use knorr. I also added 3 stalks of celery, 2 green peppers, one red pepper and one can of Goya tomatoes sauce. In addition, I added 1/4 soy sauce to my mixture. My meat was season with garlic powder and added more 2 tablespoon of paprika.
Dec 13, 2017
Looks like a Great Recipe!
Oct 20, 2016
I was very pleased with how this turned out! I did season my beef a little more by adding a little salt, pepper, and steak seasoning. I will not use frozen already sliced peppers again (my choice, not the recipes) as I felt they became a little too soft.
Feb 23, 2016
I was a hit with this recipe!
Feb 28, 2015
Better than expected, loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.