- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Green paste food coloring
- Candy-coated sunflower kernels
- Cupcakes and miniature cupcakes of your choice
- Assorted stick chewing gum
- Canned chocolate frosting
- Jumbo heart sprinkles
- Miniature marshmallows
- Corn syrup
- White nonpareils
- Tint desired amount of frosting green. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert #4 round pastry tip. Fill bag with green frosting; pipe grass onto desired amount of cupcakes. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels.
- For bunny faces, pipe white frosting over tops of cupcakes using a #4 round pastry tip. Using clean kitchen scissors or a small sharp knife, cut gum into ear shapes of various sizes. Attach smaller centers onto the larger pieces with a small amount of frosting.
- Pinch base end of each ear, forming a curved shape. Press into tops of cupcakes. Place a heart sprinkle on each cupcake for nose. Using a #2 round pastry tip, pipe eyes, whiskers and a mouth on each face with chocolate frosting.
- For bunnies, pipe white frosting over remaining cupcakes. Place a miniature cupcake onto a larger cupcake; secure with a toothpick. For a bunny tail, dip a marshmallow in corn syrup; roll in nonpareils. Place on cupcake. Repeat as desired. Yield: Varied.
Reviews forEaster Bunny Cupcakes
"These cupcakes are so adorable! It almost makes you not want to eat them. I agree though, I made my recipe for french buttercream instead of canned, and I can imagine it tasted way better! I am kindof dissapointed that they told you to used canned frosting. But other than that, they were surprisingly easy and notsosurprisingly, absolutely adorable! I would reccomend this to anyone! --Hailey"
"My daughter made the bunny cupcakes. They were so cute and yummy! All the kids loved them!"
"These bunnies are tooooo cute. A big hit w/ all the kids I shared with.There's nothing wrong w/ semi- homemadebut I do agree w/ the others concerning the canned icing. I used my frosting recipe. I also used slices of marsmallows for the ears."
"I would love to have the recipe for the Vienna Cream frosting if you could post it Denise? It sure sounds yummy and certainly better than anything you could find in a can! Valerie"
"to use canned frosting~empty into bowl and always add vanilla and butter flavor and a dash of salt ~~beat with your mixer~~you can also add cream cheese~4 or 8 oz per can of frosting~~~add your favorite flavoring~vanilla~coconut~orange ~lemon ~almond~black walnut~fresh lemon juice and zest~maple~cherry the list is endless and everyone will believe that you made the one of a kind frosting from scratch~~~~~"
"Re: Easter Bunny Cupcakes---I agree re the canned icing, that stuff is terrible tasting. I use Vienna Cream frosting I make myself-- it's delicious and can be tinted various colors Denise"
"I am thinking about using some buttercream or a marshmellow cream like you use on whoppie pies for icing on mine. I hate can icing, its nasty and yuckie to work with. I am a professional cake dec. retired, but still like this for hobby now."
"I agree with Margo. Canned frosting - yuck. Nothing but fat and preservatives. It would ruin this cute bunny cupcake."
"Yes, I agree with Margo, please give us a couple of good basic recipes. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!"