Easter Bunny Treats
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup vanilla frosting
- 30 large marshmallows
- Pink gel or paste food coloring
- Red and pink heart-shaped decorating sprinkles
- 60 miniature marshmallows
- Frost the tops of 12 large marshmallows; stack a large marshmallow on top of each. Quarter the remaining large marshmallows; set aside for ears. Tint 1/4 cup frosting pink. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; place pink frosting in bag.
- Pipe a ribbon between the stacked marshmallows for bow tie. With white frosting, attach red hearts for eyes and a pink heart for nose. Pipe pink whiskers and smile.
- For ears, pipe the center of quartered marshmallows pink; attach to head with white frosting. With the remaining white frosting, attach the miniature marshmallows for legs and tail. Let stand until dry.
Nutrition Facts1 treat: 128 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Apr 3, 2015
These bunny's will not stand up. It took us over 20 min to make them. Making them look good and like a bunny is hard and there is no way too get the lines thin enough.When you do get them to look ok they fall over on there faces and smear. I gave it a one just because it was alot of fun to make (or at least try to make).
Mar 2, 2014
I did this with my Sunday School students a while back. This is adorable and simple. Easy to assemble and delicious to eat!
Feb 28, 2014
These are easy and fun for my grandson and I to make together
Mar 31, 2013
Linda and CometCooker, I am TOTALLY with you on having a hard time making these...UNTIL I finally gave in and used TOOTHPICKS! Seriously, I was so frustrated (In what universe does this only take 15 minutes to do 12 using frosting as glue?)...then I said "ARG!" and grabbed my jar of toothpicks. After that, the ears and feet and arms all stayed on just fine and they turned out great!! I just had to warn the kids not to pop 'em into their mouth whole. Hahaha. These are adorable!
Mar 31, 2013
Well I am not a Bunny Maker!! I gave it a try but I couldn't get the ears to stay on. I did not make the icing I bought it, but what a difficult time I had. But they were cute but too fidley for me. Good luck to all that can make these work. I would love to know the secret.
Mar 4, 2013
I think the adults making them had more trouble then the kids but all in all great "Messy" fun enjoyed ever minute
Apr 13, 2012
This is such a cute and fun thing to do with the kids! For all the parents out there that don't like sugar, this is not for you, if you don't like it, don't bother to comment, we don't CARE if you think it is bad for you, boo hoo. I raised four kids and they had sugar and guess what?? They are healthy and alive! LOVE this recipe!!!
Apr 9, 2012
They were cute but (at least for me) they were not quick. I don't see how anybody could put these together in 15 minutes! I guess I'm just not smarter or faster than a fifth grader.
Apr 8, 2012
This is great! We may actually used this for our seniors & disabled group and I know they'll love them. Rockamamma, you need to take a chill pill. So it's a bit of sugar, makes me wonder what your kids get for easter or halloween, or christmas or even birthday cake.
Apr 8, 2012
Great idea. Easy to make, even for younger kids. To all who gripe about sugar, I grew up eating 3 meals a day, with sugar I am sure. Helicopter parents need to get a life and stop hovering unless you want your kids to grow up selfish,spoiled and thinking they are intitled to everything they want. GET A LIFE! Stop pampering.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.