St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Green food coloring and gold sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Add food coloring to frosting if desired; frost cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 410 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 13, 2016
Very goodI made them vegan so used applesauce instead of eggs and used soy milk. Did not frost them.
Mar 6, 2013
Delicious and easy cupcakes! I added a little green food coloring to the batter also.
Mar 11, 2012
Very easy to make and very good to eat.
Mar 4, 2012
I loved loved loved these!! I have used this recipe many times with different pudding mixes and its great everytime!
Mar 22, 2011
Moist, delicious and easy! I will try again with other pudding flavors.
Mar 16, 2011
So easy to put together! For the frosting, I purchase ready-made cream cheese frosting in a can and just add a touch of green food coloring gel--it's great!
Mar 15, 2011
What Baking Soda & Cinnamon? I don't see mention of either.
Mar 15, 2011
I really liked these cupcakes. They were simple to make. I took these to work and everyone loved them. You could even use different kinds of pudding to go with whatever the holiday is.
Mar 3, 2011
Easy, adorable, and delicious! I hope to make these on St. Patrick's Day!
Apr 2, 2010
They are great with the pistachio pudding mix, but tried them as well with lemon pudding mix and lemon extract instead of vanilla and they got rave reviews.