Dutch Oven Pasta Bake
I was in a hurry one night, so I went on a pantry search to see what I had on hand. I found penne pasta and decided to go Italian! We all ended up loving this satisfying Dutch oven pasta. And, since the pasta cooks in the same pot, it's a real time saver, too. — Tammy Reid, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Optional: shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat; add ground beef and onion. Cook and stir until beef is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, broth, pasta and seasonings. Stir; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Top with spinach; cover just until wilted. Stir. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.