- 1 domestic duckling (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- Bing cherries, star fruit and kale, optional
- Prick skin of duckling well and place, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Tie drumsticks together. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hour or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180°. (Drain fat from pan as it accumulates.) Cover and let stand 20 minutes before carving. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine preserves and vinegar in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Serve with duck. Garnish platter with fruit and kale if desired. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Reviews forDuck with Cherry Sauce
"The duck came out OK, but the cherry sauce was great and would work on ham or chicken too."