Dublin Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 large white potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 12 ounces cooked or canned corned beef, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cover potatoes in lightly salted water and boil until tender. Drain, peel and cube. Combine vinegar, sugar, celery seed, mustard seed and 1/2 teaspoon salt; drizzle over still-warm potatoes. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, gently fold in cabbage, corned beef, pickle and onion. Combine mayonnaise, milk and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; pour over salad. Gently toss. Serve in cabbage-lined bowl.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 434 calories, 31g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 927mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Mar 14, 2017
To fnhwg: If you did not make the recipe, you are totally unqualified to review it. Why would you write a review on a recipe you just read? Some people!
Aug 25, 2014
Love, love, love this dish! I had never heard of such a combination, but just reading it sounded awesome. Tried it, family and friends showered compliments and asked for recipe.
Jun 27, 2014
This salad is awesome. I have found you can mix everything all at once and then cover and take along to picnic, BBQ, or church supper. It's great, I get requests for this salad at parties.
Aug 29, 2013
I had to substitute ham, because I simply do not like corned beef. Otherwise I made it according to the recipe, and it's delicious.
Jul 24, 2013
Using cabbage and canned corn beef did not sound appealing to me, but oh, my goodness. This was divine. Perfect combination!
Jun 9, 2013
This was way too salty with the corn beef. It was just OK but will never ever replace my potato salad. Love the old fashion southern potato salad best of all. This may be a good dish to take for our annual St. Patty's day dinner at church though. My husband loves corn beef but said let's not use that recipe again please.
Jun 3, 2013
This was fabulous. People, don't be so narrow minded and you know who you are. I want to give this 5 stars, but the stars are missing from my rating page. :(
Jun 3, 2013
This salad is fantastic! It has already been requested for our next get together.
May 30, 2013
Don't knock it until you try it. I think it sounds different. I am excited to try it.
May 24, 2013
Delicious! one of my new favorites. Thanks so much.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.