Irish Flag Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Divide spinach among four plates; top with pears, oranges, cheese and pistachios.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 212 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Mar 29, 2014
Yummy!!! VERY light and refreshing...will DEFINTELY make again...omitted the salt...used a few chopped walnuts...didn't need the additional salt...in a pinch how about a can of madarin oranges drained...
Feb 23, 2012
excellent salad! Just omit the salt from the dressing for a salt free dressing. I will be making this for St. Paddy's day!
Feb 22, 2012
My kind of salad! Yummy!
Mar 3, 2011
A very yummy salad. I prefer pecans over pistachios and skip the feta, as my family eats dairy-free. I usually eat this salad without the dressing, but I made it when I want to dress it up for guests. You can also serve it with Balsamic Vinaigrette if you don't have time to make the dressing.
Feb 25, 2011
I would not make it at all because of the amount of sodium in it.