- 16 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with ham, cheeses and remaining bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Combine the cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forDouble-Cheese Ham Souffle
"I made this for friends on an overnight visit. Very tasty and very light. I make stratas for my friends whenever I visit them. This was on of their favorites.It got rave reviews. I would make it again."