Ham and Swiss Salad in a Jar
Home cook Stacy Huggins from Valley Center, California, sent us a great recipe for a ham and Swiss salad, and we turned it into this lunchbox-friendly version. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce (about 1/2 head)
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In each of four 1-qt. wide-mouth canning jars, divide and layer ingredients in the following order: mayonnaise mixture, ham, peas, onion, eggs, bacon, cheese, lettuce and spinach. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Transfer salads into bowls; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 691 calories, 54g fat (14g saturated fat), 344mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Layered Salad in Make & Take Cookbook Bookazine 2018