- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- Shaved white chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gradually stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread 1-1/3 cups of crushed cookies into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Layer with half of the pudding mixture and half of the remaining cookies. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with shaved white chocolate if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forDirt Dessert
"First time to make dirt and it was easy to make"
"this recipe looks amazing. cant wait to try it"
"Big Hit with everyone!"
"YUM! I made this for a halloween party. I stuck one of those plastic "bloody" hands in the middle so it looked like someone coming up from the ground. Everyone LOVED it.MDCrab2 I used your recipe. Thank your niece for me ;)"
"I have never made this with vanilla pudding-I use chocolate pudding and I also add gummy worms for the kids."
"I am making this AGAIN, but for our church picnic. Everyone has loved it everytime I have made it thus far. Hey...why is everyone so hung up on the whole "healthy" label part?! Common sense would tell you to substitute light or fat free for the higher fat content items/sugar items, etc. I don't think there is a recipe at Taste of Home that I haven't altered in some way...the recipe is just a new idea I enjoy trying for my family and you can customize it however you wish. Frankly, after half a month in Ireland, bring on the good food America has to offer! How about we just eat some and then go for a bike ride or run post or pre eating? Life is short, enjoy!"
"How in the world does this get a "healthy" rating??"
"I made this for my very picky family on our Memorial Day get-together. Everyone loved it. Very little was left over at the end of the day. I made few minor changes... I omitted the butter all together, I used skim milk and white chocolate sugar free pudding mix. Next time I will try the sugar free vanilla pudding and possibly the chocolate graham crackers in place of the Oreo cookies to cut down on calories. It was yummy!"
"this does taste good, but when i took it to the office, half was left over. and at work we tend to eat almost anything. maybe i crushed the cookies too fine. the result looked a little muddy and not wonderfully appealing in the pan. you can't really go wrong with cream cheese and butter and sugar! but i think those items were not really necessary. some people thought it was too sweet. i think icecream with oreos and cool whip would be better, and take much less time."