Pay Dirt Cake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 28 Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3-1/3 cups cold whole milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a food processor or blender, process the cookies until finely crushed. Set aside 2 tablespoons of crumbs for topping.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar. In a bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Add to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place half of the cookie crumbs in 2-1/2-qt. container or bowl; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 463 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 11, 2020
Boy does this recipe bring back memories! My boys were kids in the 80's and their grandma made this for their birthdays. She actually bought a brand new flower pot and lined it with foil, and served it in there complete with an artificial flower, gummy worms, and served with a brand new garden spade!
Jan 8, 2020
I've made this for years. I actually divide it in more layers and use the Oreo cookie crumbs as my last layer. And for a fun touch you can put gummy worms where they look like they are coming out of the dirt.
Aug 28, 2015
I've made this recipe three times in two weeks for a variety of people and everyone just loved it. It's so simple to make. A helpful note: half of the cookie crumbs is 1-1/3 cups each time; half of the pudding mix is 4 cups each time. After all, who doesn't like Oreo cookies? Delicious!
Jul 30, 2015
Always a hit! I don't tell that it's so simplistic to make, a one bowlDessert.