The cake was a huge hit the very first time I made it! Wasn't sure I'd like it, but I was hooked immediately! Very light flavor if your looking to stay away from the super sweet desserts! —Stephanie Curvelo, New Bedford, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, club soda, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in pistachios. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine pudding mix, whipping cream and milk; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over cake.
Originally published as Watergate Cake in Taste of Home Recipes Across America
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.