I have six grandchildren and this is one of their favorite desserts. If I don't take it to potlucks, I hear lots of groans! Everyone wants the recipe after they've tried it.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 15 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate sauce
- Chopped nuts
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spread on a greased 15x10x1-in. jelly roll pan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Cool but do not prick, leaving surface with its "moon-like" appearance.
- Meanwhile, for filling, beat pudding and milk until thick. Add cream cheese; blend well. Spread on crust; refrigerate 20 minutes. Top with whipped topping. Drizzle chocolate sauce over top and sprinkle with nuts.
Variation: Substitute a different flavor of pudding and garnish with chocolate "curls" instead of chocolate sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 253 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 16, 2013
This is an amazing dessert def a crowd pleaser.....
Jun 13, 2011
Cream puff in a pan! Have made this lots and leftovers are rare. May want to beat the softened cream cheese and then mix in the thickened pudding mixture.