Old Fashioned Coffee Pudding
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups cold strong coffee
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped until stiff
- Additional whipped cream, optional
- Shaved bittersweet chocolate, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in coffee until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool. Fold in whipping cream. Chill. Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 214 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 21, 2015
Awesome good! I also used this to fill a yellow layer cake without putting in the whipped cream and after the layers, I added some whip cream to make the frosting. Decorated it with almonds dipped half way in chocolate!
Feb 17, 2013
Easy and different - also inexpensive to make.