Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- Shaved white chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gradually stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread 1-1/3 cups of crushed cookies into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Layer with half of the pudding mixture and half of the remaining cookies. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with shaved white chocolate if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 278 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 10, 2020
Great recipe! A little advise...Follow the directions of the recipe, not the directions on the pudding boxes. Do the pudding first thing and stick it in the frig so it can really set and get cold. I used nearly all of a 16oz cool whip and beat it in, straight out the freezer, with the cream cheese mix. Then I crushed the Oreos and lastly mixed in the set pudding to the cool whip/cream cheese. Use a family or party size Oreo and layer! You can get 5 thin layers in a 9x13 from this recipe. Finish up the 5th layer with the crushed Oreos. Very good! Thank you for sharing! I printed it out and it's in my recipe box.
Apr 13, 2020
This was my first time doing this. It said let pudding set for 2 minutes....I left it set for 5 minutes it did not firm up. My dirty dessert was soupy like milk shake. Bad!
Sep 6, 2015
First time to make dirt and it was easy to make
Jul 18, 2014
this recipe looks amazing. cant wait to try it
Apr 24, 2014
Big Hit with everyone!
Oct 22, 2011
YUM! I made this for a halloween party. I stuck one of those plastic "bloody" hands in the middle so it looked like someone coming up from the ground. Everyone LOVED it.MDCrab2 I used your recipe. Thank your niece for me ;)
Jul 31, 2011
I have never made this with vanilla pudding-I use chocolate pudding and I also add gummy worms for the kids.
Dec 23, 2010
I love this dessert! Everyone in my family loves this dessert whenever we want something special.
Jul 12, 2010
I am making this AGAIN, but for our church picnic. Everyone has loved it everytime I have made it thus far. Hey...why is everyone so hung up on the whole "healthy" label part?! Common sense would tell you to substitute light or fat free for the higher fat content items/sugar items, etc. I don't think there is a recipe at Taste of Home that I haven't altered in some way...the recipe is just a new idea I enjoy trying for my family and you can customize it however you wish. Frankly, after half a month in Ireland, bring on the good food America has to offer! How about we just eat some and then go for a bike ride or run post or pre eating? Life is short, enjoy!
Jun 17, 2010
How in the world does this get a "Healthy" rating??