Carrot Garden Ice Cream Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 2 to 3 pieces pull-apart green apple licorice
- Finely crush half of the cookies; coarsely crush the remaining cookies.
- In a large bowl, beat ice cream, whipped topping and finely crushed cookies until blended. Spread into an 8-in. square dish; sprinkle with crushed cookies. Freeze until firm.
- Tint frosting orange; pipe carrot tops in rows over dessert. Cut green apple licorice into 1-in. pieces; separate strands, leaving one end intact. Place on carrots to form stems.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 414 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 2, 2017
This did remind me of the dirt that I use to make for my kids. They still ask for that. This is a frozen alternative to that. I didn't have time for the carrot decoration, which was fine. I will be making this again and again. So easy!
Mar 23, 2016
Saw this recipe and just had to make it for our granddaughter and her two boys while they're here visiting. Everybody chipped in with the crushing, blending and decorating. This is quick, easy and fun from the first crushed cookie to the very last bite! K&J in LV