Curry Pineapple Dip
The flavors blend deliciously in this refreshing pineapple dip. It’s also terrific with an assortment of vegetables or your favorite fancy crackers. —Barb Meninga, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes1-1/4 cups dip
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon chutney
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers, optional
- Cut pineapple in half vertically, leaving the top attached. Remove fruit from 1 half, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. Remove fruit and discard outer peel from remaining half; cut pineapple into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, chutney, curry and mustard until smooth. Spoon into pineapple shell and top with almonds. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 hours (remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving). Serve with cut pineapple and, if desired, crackers.