- 10 cups diced cooked chicken
- 10 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 bunches green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 5 cups crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a very large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add 2 cups cheese. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with chips and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Reviews forCrowd Chicken Casserole
"The group I served this to loved it. If you have a problem with calories, use reduced fat cheese, light mayo and light sour cream.They work fine."
"We liked it. I did not have olives, chips, or celery on hand."
"This tastes good, but the calories are unbelievable - mayonnaise, cheese and sour cream?"
"The whole family loved this. I also cut the recipe in half. Next time I will bring it to a potluck!The potato chip topping was a great touch."
"I cut the recipe in half, and added frozen spinage. my family loved it! There were no left overs."
"I made this for our neighborhood group this weekend but I did omit the chili peppers and used green pepper - it was amazing loved the potato chip topping."
"My family loves this recipe!"
"Yummy and is still good if it is served cold."
"An ideal dish to make/take to a fami;y reunion,since there are many **hearty appetites**! Thank you for sharing!! (I also like showing off (so to speak) my culinary skills."