Crowd-Size Spaghetti Sauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + simmering
Makes65-70 servings (8 quarts)
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- In several stockpots, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and simmer for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 61 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 9, 2016
Hello did the folks who made this simmer for the total 4 hours? Thank you.
Nov 10, 2012
This spaghetti sauce is delicious! I fed a group of about 50 last night and everybody loved it! I felt like the servings were kind of skimpy though with very little left for seconds. 65-70 servings is a bit of a stretch.
Jan 1, 2010
This is the best spaghetti sauce I have ever made. My family has grown over the yrs. and I'm always looking for recipes that will feed everyone. This one is fabulous!!