Crowd-Size Spaghetti Sauce
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1. In several stockpots, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and simmer for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
1/2 cup: 61 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
Hello did the folks who made this simmer for the total 4 hours? Thank you.
Nov 10, 2012
This spaghetti sauce is delicious! I fed a group of about 50 last night and everybody loved it! I felt like the servings were kind of skimpy though with very little left for seconds. 65-70 servings is a bit of a stretch.
Jan 1, 2010
This is the best spaghetti sauce I have ever made. My family has grown over the yrs. and I'm always looking for recipes that will feed everyone. This one is fabulous!!