Crowd Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes2 casseroles (12 servings each)
- 10 cups diced cooked chicken
- 10 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 bunches green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 5 cups crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a very large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add 2 cups cheese. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with chips and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 497 calories, 38g fat (12g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Mar 11, 2016
The group I served this to loved it. If you have a problem with calories, use reduced fat cheese, light mayo and light sour cream.They work fine.
Aug 20, 2014
We liked it. I did not have olives, chips, or celery on hand.
May 5, 2014
This tastes good, but the calories are unbelievable - mayonnaise, cheese and sour cream?
May 2, 2014
The whole family loved this. I also cut the recipe in half. Next time I will bring it to a potluck!The potato chip topping was a great touch.
Feb 5, 2014
I cut the recipe in half, and added frozen spinage. my family loved it! There were no left overs.
Nov 25, 2013
I made this for our neighborhood group this weekend but I did omit the chili peppers and used green pepper - it was amazing loved the potato chip topping.
Nov 3, 2013
My family loves this recipe!
Aug 31, 2013
Yummy and is still good if it is served cold.
May 16, 2013
An ideal dish to make/take to a fami;y reunion,since there are many **hearty appetites**! Thank you for sharing!! (I also like showing off (so to speak) my culinary skills.
Apr 21, 2013
Quick question????? Could you combine all these ingredients & put it in a large slow cooker???Tom- Brookfield, WI
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.