Chunky Spaghetti Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 to 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Hot cooked pasta
- Brown sausage in a large saucepan; drain. Add green peppers, onion and garlic; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano and basil; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Serve over pasta.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 441 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 20g protein.
May 5, 2013
This sauce is really thick & hearty I used Hot Italian Sausage and added some red pepper flakes because I like it spicy :o)Very Good ! Will make again soon.
Dec 23, 2010
Oh my gosh!!! I have used this recipe for years and it easy soooo amazing in taste! I have 6 boys and ALL just love this as well. It is also so super easy and quick to make! Enjoy! This is one of those "keepers"
Sep 10, 2010
This is a VERY tasty sauce. I made it without any meat and just started by sauteeing the onion, garlic and peppers (I added chopped celery, too). The stewed tomatoes and peppers add just enough sweetness. My family loved it and I'm going to try this on my homemade pizza!