Crispy Orange Roughy
When you're looking for a main course on the lighter side, try this flavorful dish. The crunchy topping nicely complements the tender fish. —Nancy Florian, St. Johnsville, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 4 orange roughy, cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Place the potato flakes in another bowl.
- Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then coat with potato flakes. Place on prepared pan. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Crispy Orange Roughy in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.