Savory Orange Dressing
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in the stuffing cubes, carrot, orange juice, zest and the celery mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 215 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 13, 2009
My mother loved this. I felt it was good but not great. It wasn't 'orangey' enough for me. I doubled the orange requirement and it still tasted not so orange. I'm probably going to trpple next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.