Walnut-Crusted Orange Roughy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the walnuts, bread crumbs, sesame seeds and parsley. Dip fish in the flour, egg, then walnut mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook fish in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. In a small bowl, whisk honey and soy sauce; serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 425 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Jul 2, 2016
This was good but I doubt that I would make it again. It turned out a little dry and I had trouble getting the walnuts to stick so I basically piled them on top. I used tilapia and it was 50/50 in my house as to whether or not they liked this dish. Good, but not what I was hoping for.
Oct 9, 2015
A surprisingly delicious combo. The mix of walnuts, bread crumbs and sesame seeds creates a crunchy and tasty coating. The sauce is an excellent accent. Once the fish was done I put them on a butter coated foil lined cookie sheet and kept warm in the oven until ready to serve dinner. Grocery stores did not have orange roughy so I used tilapia.
Jan 15, 2015
Made this one! Hubby is so not a fish eater or my daughter, they both ate it all up. Good one and I used swai.
Jul 29, 2010
Well, my husband is allergic to walnuts so I used peanuts instead and I already had flounder in my freezer but other than that I followed the recipe and my family really liked it. My son was the only exception who liked the fish without the crusty topping. I will definitely make this again. Very easy and quick.
Feb 22, 2010
This was absolutely delicious!!! Crusty and moist. I will not only make it again, but share with friends and family.
Feb 18, 2010
Orange roughy is a great white fish, I find them at Sam's Club in a large bag..Thank you for this ercipeAloha from Hawaii
Feb 17, 2010
This sounds delicious, but I must point out that roughy is considered an endangered species... Perhaps substitute a different fish?
Mar 4, 2009
I made this using Swai. It was delicious and the kids loved it. They have asked for it again already.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.