- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet until tender, 45-60 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Cut off a thin slice from top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. Mash pulp with cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon into shells; return to pan. Top with pecans. Bake until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
"Excellent way to eat sweet potatoes! The skins are not as resilient as russet potatoes, so it was kind of difficult to refill the very thin skins, but they still turned out great! Also, I made the mistake of baking them on aluminum foil, which ended up on the dinner plate with the potato because it was not coming off! : )"
"Fabulous taste and texture! Well worth the time and effort!"
"Great if you have time to make these. Use your microwave if you don't. I prefer the oven because I like to eat skin and all...Yummy"
"We really like the potatoes prepared this way. The nuts on top burned so next time, I'll stir them into the potato mixture."
"How far ahead can the potatoes be made? If I make them 2 days ahead, should I store them in the refrigerator or freezer?"