- 6 small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- With a vegetable peeler, remove a strip of peel around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the cream, dill, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Drain potatoes; drizzle with sauce and toss gently. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCreamed Dill Potatoes
"My family loves sauces so we quadrupled the sauce for this recipe! We didn't want just a drizzle! I also thickened it a bit. I used Yukon potatoes instead and they were delicious. I used dried dill in place of fresh since I had none. When I quadrupled the sauce, I put about 2 table spoons of the dried dill."
"You can substitute 3/4 a cup of milk & 1/4 a cup melted butter thoroughly mixed for the heavy whipping cream."
"I love these potatoes!"