These spicy pizzas were winners when I entered them in the International Crawfish Festival in Jackson, Mississippi. —Jackie Powell, Jayess, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 55 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup each chopped green pepper, onion and green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each cayenne pepper, pepper and Cajun seasoning
- 2 pounds crawfish tails, cooked and peeled
- Oil for frying
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onions and garlic in butter until tender. Reduce heat to low. Add the process cheese, cream cheese and mayonnaise; cook and stir until melted. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, parsley, pepper sauce and seasonings. Cook until slightly thickened. Add crawfish. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet. Fry each tortilla for 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Spread 1/2 cup crawfish mixture on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Editor's Note: Two pounds of cooked salad shrimp may be substituted for the crawfish. Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 660 calories, 43g fat (19g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 1193mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.