- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and water to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cranberries. Cook until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in preserves and lemon juice.
- Transfer to a bowl. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Stir in walnuts just before serving. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews forCranberry Sauce with Walnuts
"Mmm - I reduced the sugar to 1 1/2 cups as there were less than 12 oz. berries. Removed the wrinkled ones. Maybe 1 cup sugar would work. Hubby thought was too sweet. Used 1/4 cup preserves and 1 tsp. lemon juice. Walnuts offset the sweetness. First time making cranberry sauce."
"Excellent Cranberry Sauce."