Winter’s a perfect time to cozy up with a hot drink—and this glogg is our family favorite. It’s heady with spices and full of cranberry flavor.—June Lindquist, Hammond, WI
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups ruby port wine or grape juice
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 6 whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry juice, wine, raisins and sugar. Place the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan.
- Bring just to a simmer (do not boil). Reduce heat; simmer gently, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard spice bag. Serve warm in mugs with additional cinnamon if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 268 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 27, 2018
very good but has a spicey taste to it
Dec 31, 2009
a very nice drink for the holiday season.
Dec 31, 2009
This drink is delicious and one I'd drink many more times. It's so easy to make and so very very good, it's definitely a keeper.