Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup water
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. In a bowl, combine the cranberries, orange juice concentrate, vanilla, salt and remaining sugar.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the cranberry mixture. Pour into the crust. Freeze until firm.
- For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in cranberries and water until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until berries pop and mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes; cool. Let torte stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 256 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 16, 2013
I have made this for every t-day and x-mas.You can make several days ahead and it is a beautiful presentations. It is easy to makeI do not use frozen cranberries as they change texture once frozen. I use a food processor to chop the fresh cranberries and it works very well. I mix the sugar and oj into cranberries and this helps to maserate the cranberries, making them softer.