Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup water
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. In a bowl, combine the cranberries, orange juice concentrate, vanilla, salt and remaining sugar.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the cranberry mixture. Pour into the crust. Freeze until firm.
- For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in cranberries and water until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until berries pop and mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes; cool. Let torte stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 256 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 16, 2013
I have made this for every t-day and x-mas.You can make several days ahead and it is a beautiful presentations. It is easy to makeI do not use frozen cranberries as they change texture once frozen. I use a food processor to chop the fresh cranberries and it works very well. I mix the sugar and oj into cranberries and this helps to maserate the cranberries, making them softer.