Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 3 minutes or until smooth. Divide into 8 portions. Roll each portion into a ball; flatten into a 4-in. circle. Wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cranberries, walnuts, melted butter, cinnamon and allspice. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 portion of dough into an 8-in. circle. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on foil-lined baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Brush with egg; sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 103 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 3, 2017
COuld you use crescent rolls and get the same effect.
Dec 12, 2010
These taste amazing--I added a couple teaspoons of orange peel to the filling mixture. Also, don't be too concerned about the shape of the "circle." The individual pieces are easy to fix once they're cut & before you roll them up.
Nov 2, 2010
Love Love Love this pastry discuised as a cookie. I made them simply be cause they had cranberries. I absolutely would not change a thing about this recipe. If you dont like cranberies, use finely chopped pears or apples or raisens. Great recipe.