Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in apricot and cranberries. In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, egg white and orange zest; stir into crumb mixture just until blended.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently four times. Roll into a 12x6-in. rectangle. Cut into eight 3-in. squares. Cut each square into two triangles. Separate pieces and transfer to a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Serve warm.
1 each: 164 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.