Dried Cranberry Scones
I go on vacation with my best friend to Michigan every July. Her cousin is allowed to come, too—but only if she brings her special cherry scones! I make them with cranberries for the holidays. Don't try to double this recipe. If you need more than 12, make two separate batches of dough. —Sherry Leonard, Whitsett, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon turbinado (washed raw) sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk and egg; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in baking chips and cranberries.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 247 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.