Cranberry Pecan Scones
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, beat the eggs, orange juice, vanilla and orange zest. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Pat dough into a 6-1/2-in. circle on a greased baking sheet. Combine egg white and water; brush over dough. Cut into eight wedges (do not separate).
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 323 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 4, 2018
I've made these scones several times. My family loves them - not too sweet, just the right amount of flakiness, and nice blend of flavors. We dust them with cinnamon sugar just before eating.
Mar 1, 2009
These scones were very pretty served with a dusting of confectioners sugar. The texture was a bit too dry and crumbly.