Crab and Asparagus Soup
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1-1/4 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter. Stir in the flour, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended; gradually add water and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in potatoes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add asparagus; cook 8-12 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the cream, crab and parsley; heat through. If desired, top with chopped parsley and coarse cracked pepper.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 257 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 24, 2019
My family loved this soup!! Next time I will add 2 cans crab meat.
Mar 18, 2019
Two ingredients I love, my husband wasn't thrilled with the asparagus. I will make this again and it's a great soup if you are on Keto.
Mar 18, 2019
Made this for dinner, yummy will make again!!!