Asparagus Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan or soup kettle, combine the potatoes, asparagus, onion, celery, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the butter.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cream, milk, salt and pepper until smooth; add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with bacon and cheese.
May 3, 2010
I completely cut the salt from the recipe - it doesn't need any with the bacon, cheese and bouillon added. And I added garlic. Super yummy!!
Feb 4, 2010
I used fat free half and half in place of the whipping cream and 2% milk . It was still good.