Creamy Fresh Asparagus Soup
Tangy lemon and sweet tarragon give this creamy asparagus soup a springtime flavor you’ll savor and share. —Stacy Mullens, Gresham, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Remove soup from heat; cool slightly. Stir in lemon juice, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Process in batches in a blender until smooth. Serve with yogurt and lemon zest.